Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Please follow along with me as I tiptoe into the world of blogging. It's a new endeavor for me, although not the first in our family. Daughter Rebekah created her own blog this past summer while a student at Loyola in Chicago. She seemed to have fun with her blog, and it got me to thinking. Could I do this? How hard can it be? As it turned out, setting up this blog was super easy. The hard part, I'm sure, will be the commitment of time to create the posts.
So what's the purpose of this blog? The title should give it away. I am passionate about my family's connection to Itawamba County and want to share that passion with others. Speaking of passion, there are two bloggers that have inspired me. Bob Franks is a fellow Itawambian with a wonderful blog about our neck of the woods at the Itawamba Historical Society's webpage, and Terry Thornton has an equally wonderful blog covering the history of Monroe County, our neighbor to the south. Please visit them at http://itawambahistory.blogspot.com/ and http://hillcountryofmonroecountry.blogspot.com.
It will be difficult to measure up to those two. But I'll give it a try.


No comments: