Friday, October 2, 2009

Jim and Bertha Dulaney with younger sons

James Henry "Jim" Dulaney and his wife, Laura Bertha Warren, are pictured with the youngest three of their eight children. Back row, left to right: Clester T. "Cotton" Dulaney, Clarence Edward Dulaney, and Lester "Leck" Dulaney. Clarence was the baby of the family, born in 1931, so it would appear that this photograph was taken around 1938. Actually, Jim and Bertha's daughter died in October 1938, and likely the photograph was taken after her death.

3 comments:

my2tumbleweeds said...

Hi my name is Tina wilemon Barber. My grandmother was Vida Dulaney Wilemon. While going through photos albums my mother & aunt shared with me a story about Clarence Edward Dulaney. He fathered twin daughters in France or England? While over seas in the military. He was never able to bring them here to US ...he died at 24. What is the possibility of finding these girl/women or relatives? I have the photos! Love the family stories! Tina

Mona Robinson Mills said...

Tina, thanks for the comment. I don't remember the story if Clarence's twin daughters. You have photographs of them!!? That's amazing. I'd love to see them, and any other photos you might have. You might want to check out the Itawamba Settlers magazine that recently came out, the Fall issue. The photo on the back cover is of Floyd and Vida, one I submitted to the Society. E--mail me at itawambaconnections AT gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Crystal Wilemon Schallock. Like Tina I am also the grand daughter of Vida Dulaney Wilemon and Floyd Wilemon. I was wondering how I would go about getting any photos of Vida and Floyd that you have. I would be willing to pay you for the copies. I don't know much about my family and love to know all I can get. My email is crysta_schallock@hughes.net