Saturday, February 21, 2009

Paul and Vera Mae



This is one of my favorite pictures of Paul and Vera Mae. Paul - my husband's father - died in 2005, just a couple of months before my own father died. Vera Mae, Paul's younger sister and only sibling, still lives in Itawamba County, and I have her to thank for sharing this photograph with me. It was taken about 1941 or 1942. Isn't Vera Mae darling in this photograph? She was such a cute little girl.

Looks like the siblings may have been on their way to school.

4 comments:

Don Dulaney said...

Mona, This is great, I especially love the overalls. You know when talking with these older people, you sometimes forget what they have seen in their lives. Paul and Vera Mae seen WW2, Korean War, Vietnam and knew what hard (but good) times were. Great Post

Janice Tracy said...

Mona, I could not find an email address for you on your blog, so I am leaving this information as a comment: You have been awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award, and you can pick it up at Mississippi Memories.

Congratulations!

Mona Robinson Mills said...

Janice, how thoughtful of you. Thanks so much for the recognition!

Ken Dulaney said...

Mona, this is a wonderful photo. I don't think Uncle Paul changed too much over the years. It is so cool to see a photo of him at a young age.

Thank you for sharing it with us! Great job!