Monday, April 27, 2009

Pick-Up Trucks




Here are three pictures of at least three of the pick-up trucks owned by James "Pee Wee" Robinson through the years. In the first photograph, my brother Kirk and I have just gotten off the school bus in the spring of 1970. The green pick-up may have belonged to my grandfather before he died, or maybe Daddy bought the pick-up truck after we moved to Fulton from Greenville. The next photo is of Ole Red from the 1980s. Looks like there was quite a snow that winter, probably 1988. The last photograph is of an Orange Datsun pick-up, and you can just see the William Winter bumper sticker attached to the bumper so this dates the truck to the late 1970s and early 1980s. The Datsun wound up in the hands of my grandfather Fessie Pennington after his own pick-up trunk was run over by a train, but that's a story for another day.

1 comment:

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Mona, I loved your post and pick-up trucks! Brings back such good memories for me, too. There were a lot of old pick-ups in this Texas gal's childhood, as well.